Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: OT: Popups! Help!

  1. #1
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    Normally I don't get very many popups but sometime last week they started popping up like crazy. I've run a bunch of spyware and an anti-virus program like everyday but the popups won't go away and it's making my computer do some other stuff... I don't know what to do.

  2. #2
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    anybody have any suggestions?

  3. #3
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    Your computer may be infected. I don't know what you can do. Try calling microsoft. When my computer got a virus I threw it in the dumpster. I tried everything I could to save it and finally got frustrated. It was a very old one that I bought for very little money. You should get a pop-up blocker on your computer. I use anti-spyware from www.download.com . I got this website from microsoft. Or you can go to microsoft and they have downloads. Good luck!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Ds9jullian's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What do you use as a web browser? I have been using FireFox and it keeps out all the pop ups to the point where I have had to un block some of them.

    Ashley

  5. #5
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have my pop ups blocked through my Google tool bar. It's free. I also had my pop ups blocked through my Norton anti-virus, but I turned that off soo that I can see the treasures at the AG club. Microsoft has a fairly new anti spyware free download from December, I think.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •